-   -   select workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303638-select-workbook.html)

TOM

select workbook

Hi,

I'm using a macro that opens a dialigbox to open a file.
I know the filename begins with ABC.
Fe ABC XXXXX of ABC YYYY.

Is it possible to switch between a filename that is
always the same and ABC XXXXX
The file I know I select I use
Windows("DEF.xls").Activate

Can I use something like Windows("ABC*.xls").Activate ?

Thanks
Tom

Frank Kabel

select workbook

Hi
you may try something like the following:
sub foo()
dim wbk as workbook
For each wbk in workbooks
if ucase(left(wbk.name,3))="ABC" then
wbk.activate
exit for
end if
next
end sub

I'm using a macro that opens a dialigbox to open a file.
I know the filename begins with ABC.
Fe ABC XXXXX of ABC YYYY.

Is it possible to switch between a filename that is
always the same and ABC XXXXX
The file I know I select I use
Windows("DEF.xls").Activate

Can I use something like Windows("ABC*.xls").Activate ?

Thanks
Tom

.

TOM

select workbook

Hi
Nothing happens, even no error.
Tom
[...]

works for me (Excel 97). What is the exact code you have
used?

[...]

No Name

select workbook

I'm using Excell 2003

Sub test()
Dim wbk As Workbook
For Each wbk In Workbooks
If UCase(Left(wbk.Name, 3)) = "Exp" Then
wbk.Activate
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
With ActiveWindow
.DisplayGridlines = True
.DisplayHeadings = True
End With
Columns("A:K").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False

Exit For
End If
Next
Windows("Quogen NeXspan 1.0.xls").Activate

End Sub

[...]

Dave Peterson[_3_]

select workbook

This line jumped out at me. (I didn't look at anything else.)

If UCase(Left(wbk.Name, 3)) = "Exp" Then
Since you're checking uppercase stuff...

--

Dave Peterson

No Name

select workbook