-   -   grid references on a map (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303475-grid-references-map.html)

kevin Gaisford

grid references on a map

Hi there

Is it possible to plot pixels in an object/image that I have placed on my
worksheet.

Let's say I have an image on my screen which is an outline map of the UK,
be-it a bitmap , GIF etc, from a list of X and Y values (ie GIS grid
references) can I plot a pixel within the object/image on my worksheet. I
can calculate where the X and Y should be from my list of values. All I want
to do is edit the object/image within Excel.

To better explain this, we all have I presume MS Paint , load in an image
and draw lots of dots over it. Can I use Excel to do the same or similar
thing.

In a nutshell it's plotting HotSpots .

TIA., kevin

keepITcool

grid references on a map

from the toolbar "control toolbox"
insert an image on the sheet.

click the properties button on the toolbar and

goto property: PictureSizeMode = select clip or stretch..
goto property: Picture = click the ellipse and browse to insert
your map's jpg.

now exit designmode by clicking (blue)ruler button on the toolbar.

open VBE, open the sheet module of the worksheet
select the control in the topleft dropdown. (e.g. Image1)
select the mousedown event in the topright dropdown

see ?... you've got an x and a y to work with :)

keepITcool