-   -   Returning the correct value from a pricing grid (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303342-returning-correct-value-pricing-grid.html)

Chris

Returning the correct value from a pricing grid

Hi Group,

I am not sure if I am doing this right - would appreciate
some expert help as I completely stuck.
A solver routine returns no of units to produce. (Col B)
I have a pricing grid that must be applied to calculate
total costs of units produced. (Col D)
How do I 'pick up the costs' from my pricing grid to
produce Total costs (and influence Solver when it is run
again).
For example, 275 units are required to be built for Part1,
which equals £495. (275 x £1.80)

Here is a sample of the tables that I am using (starting
point appears in top left corner)

A1 Units Price Cost
Part1 275 ? ?
Part2 450 ? ?