-   -   Floating Toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303300-floating-toolbar.html)

Roger Bedford[_2_]

Floating Toolbar

I have an Excel 5 file where the macros automatically turn a floating toolbar
off if another sheet in that file is selected or if the file is closed.
However it does not turn off the floating toolbar if I change to another open
file. How do I solve this and would there be a change to the solution if I
were using Excel 2002? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Roger

Andy Wiggins[_3_]

Floating Toolbar

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...tiveWbDemo.zip

It's in the "Menu Routines" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It contains VBA code that will activate a menu only when the workbook it is
in is active.
The code is open and commented.

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins

"Roger Bedford" wrote in message
I have an Excel 5 file where the macros automatically turn a floating

toolbar
off if another sheet in that file is selected or if the file is closed.
However it does not turn off the floating toolbar if I change to another

open
file. How do I solve this and would there be a change to the solution if

were using Excel 2002? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Roger

Roger Bedford[_2_]

Floating Toolbar

Andy, thanks for your reply. I have a button that is active on one sheet of
an Excel file which is what I like as the macro turns off the button on the
other sheets. The problem is that it doesn't turn it off if another workbook
is used. As my programming capabilities are very limited is there a section
off of one of your files that deals with just that issue or does anyone else
have a solution?
Thanks,
Roger