-   -   Changing characters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303266-re-changing-characters.html)

big t

Changing characters

thanks for your suggestions, i hadn't thought of using an intermediate character.

still seems a shame that you can't do a double replace in one step though.
cheers
big t

"big t" wrote:

Hi,

My application writes out a text file for use in another software application which only reads numbers in an English format eg 12,345.67

But I have clients who use a European format eg 12.345,67

So I need to know if there is a funtion I can use to switch all points (".") to commas (",") and vice-versa, preferably in one easy step.

I know about the Replace function, but AFAIK this only replaces one substring with another - I need to do two at the same time. Any ideas?

TIA
big t