-   -   Automating PowerPoint (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303256-automating-powerpoint.html)

KD[_4_]

Automating PowerPoint

Hi,

At the moment I have written a macro that takes data from
Excel and puts it onto the Graph sheet behind a
PowerPoint chart - I want to be able (in the macro) to
only show the first 10 data points on the chart HOWEVER I
still want all the data to be contained on the Graph data
sheet behind the PowerPoint Chart.

My problem is : I can get the data into PowerPoint, I
want to show the first 10 but I can't then "hide" points
11 onwards, can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance

Kevin

Jon Peltier[_7_]

Automating PowerPoint

Kevin -

This is easy to do with an Excel chart. The only way I could find
manually to keep the data within the MS Graph table but not plot it is
to format the last N-10 points with no line and no marker; this cannot
hide the last N-10 categories of the axis if it is in fact a category
axis. Is there a reason not to use Excel instead of MS Graph?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

KD wrote:

Hi,

At the moment I have written a macro that takes data from
Excel and puts it onto the Graph sheet behind a
PowerPoint chart - I want to be able (in the macro) to
only show the first 10 data points on the chart HOWEVER I
still want all the data to be contained on the Graph data
sheet behind the PowerPoint Chart.

My problem is : I can get the data into PowerPoint, I
want to show the first 10 but I can't then "hide" points
11 onwards, can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance

Kevin

Kev Dutnall

Automating PowerPoint

Hi Jon,

No I can do it fine in excel - it was just a client needed a powerpoint
template filled with 3D column charts from a set of excel worksheets. I
only have 1 series on all of the charts and I can manually double click
on the columns I don't need in Graph. But I thought there must be a way
of doing this using vba - rather than having to go in to 100 odd charts
and doing it manually?

Many thanks
KD

Jon Peltier[_7_]

Automating PowerPoint

Kev -

Go to the PowerPoint FAQ page, http://www.pptfaq.com, and search the
page for MS Graph. You'll see some links to automation of MS Graph
within PowerPoint.

- Jon
-------

Kev Dutnall wrote:

Hi Jon,

No I can do it fine in excel - it was just a client needed a powerpoint
template filled with 3D column charts from a set of excel worksheets. I
only have 1 series on all of the charts and I can manually double click
on the columns I don't need in Graph. But I thought there must be a way
of doing this using vba - rather than having to go in to 100 odd charts
and doing it manually?

Many thanks
KD

Kev Dutnall

Automating PowerPoint

Hi Jon,

The web site doesn't appear to be up and working as I can't get to it!

Many thanks

KD

Jon Peltier[_7_]

Automating PowerPoint

I just clicked on the link in my post, and it came up, referring me here
instead (which I should have known):

http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/

- Jon
-------