-   -   Excel File Creations thru VB (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303242-excel-file-creations-thru-vbulletin.html)

shasank shukla

Excel File Creations thru VB

Hi ,

I need to process data from flat files and popualte data in Excel
workbooks.

The amount of data is huge .

Say I have 5 flat files each with about 10,00,000 records.

I need to read the files and create some (5000 Excel workbooks with the
data).

Using Excel objects slows the application and the processing takes days.

Is there any way to optimise the process.

Any info cud be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Shashank

Rob Bovey

Excel File Creations thru VB

Hi Shashank,

I guess my question to you would be why are you trying to import this
many records into Excel rather than using a database like Access? Excel is
optimized to perform complex calculations, not store five million data
records.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals