-   -   Excel - FTP - XP problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303128-excel-ftp-xp-problem.html)

GARY

Excel - FTP - XP problem

I am having a problem with my Excel application that has
a macro for editting text input by the user. After all
text is editted the macro then FTP's the text file to a
server. When I initially do this, I have to add ftp
location information ( loginID & password ) into the
excel spreadsheet. Each subsequent time I go into the
application I must do the same thing. Whereas before I
used XP I only inserted the information once and never
had to again. Is there some kind of cookie or temp file
that used to get created that held this information that
the new Excel no longer creates?

PLEASE HELP!!!
Gary

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Excel - FTP - XP problem

I believe you can use embedded userid/pass in the URL.

eg.

--
Rob van Gelder -
http://www.vangelder.co.nz/excel