-   -   2147217900 undefined function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/302795-2147217900-undefined-function.html)

jinsong

2147217900 undefined function

While I trying to run ADO following statement
rs.Open "abcd", cn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic,
adCmdTable
I got error "run time error'-2147217900(80040e14)':
undefined function "abc" in expression

note: abcd is a query defined in access, abc is a function
defined in access to get specific date.
here is query abcd:
SELECT DISTINCT * FROM Order_info INNER JOIN Revenue ON
Order_info.O_ID = Revenue.O_ID
WHERE ( ((Order_info.CONNECT_DT)=abc() );

Charles Williams

2147217900 undefined function

I have never been able to use a user-defined VBA function in an access query
when using ADO/DAO from excel: I do not think its possible except by getting
the recordset and then processing it using the function (which would then
have to be in the Excel VBA space).

regards
Charles
Decision Models