-   -   Best way to protect sheets and document. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/302722-best-way-protect-sheets-document.html)

Luong[_2_]

Best way to protect sheets and document.

Hello,

I have several Excel files with many calculated formula
and information that need to be protected from users. I
want the Excel file to not show formula, formatting and
want users not to be able to change certain cells that
contain important information. The file also have grouping
that expand when click on the "plus" sign. If I protected
with the TOOLS/PROTECTION method, I or user won't be able
to expand the tree.

Is there a programming code that can solve this problem?
Thanks

Jim Rech

Best way to protect sheets and document.

Worksheets have an "EnableOutlining" property, which you would have to set
top True each time the workbook is opened.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP