-   -   display results of formula in different cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/302646-display-results-formula-different-cell.html)

ScheduleQueen

display results of formula in different cell

I need to display the results of an IF formula in a cell other that the one where the formula is located. Can I do that? How/ Thanks!!!

Jim Rech

display results of formula in different cell

A formula can only return a result to the cell it is in. It cannot do
anything else, including affecting other cells.

You could have a formula in the other cell referencing the cell you're
interested in. And you could numer format the primary cell so that it
doesn't display anything (use the ;;; custom number format).

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"ScheduleQueen" wrote in message
I need to display the results of an IF formula in a cell other that the one
where the formula is located. Can I do that? How/ Thanks!!!

Tom Ogilvy

display results of formula in different cell

You can link that cell to the original. Assume the formula is in A1 and you
want to see the results in F1 as well as A1

=A1 in F1 would do that.

However, A1 would also display the result. You could give it a custom
number format like ;;;

if you don't want to see anything in A1 (but the value is still there).

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"ScheduleQueen" wrote in message
I need to display the results of an IF formula in a cell other that the

one where the formula is located. Can I do that? How/ Thanks!!!

Anders Silven

display results of formula in different cell

ScheduleQueen,

See your other post as well, and please don't multipost.

Regards
Anders Silven