-   -   Auto numbering new worksheet versions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/302583-auto-numbering-new-worksheet-versions.html)

jlbaz

Auto numbering new worksheet versions

How can I add an autonumber field in my excel template so it incrementally changes each time a user opens it?

Tom Ogilvy

Auto numbering new worksheet versions

Is it really a template or is it a workbook that you are using and then
doing saveAs.

In any event, there is no built in autonumbering facility. You would have
to manage this with code. It it is a true template, used with File=New,
then you would have to store the values somewhere else similar to the
Invoice template distributed with Excel. I believe it uses the registry.

Tom Ogilvy