-   -   Dev tools (VSS) in XL2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/302397-dev-tools-vss-xl2003.html)

Alex T

Dev tools (VSS) in XL2003

Folks

Is it possible to use some or all the Office XP Developper tools in
Excel 2003 ?

In particular I'd like to use the VBA IDE addin that allows acces to
Visual Source Safe.

Any feedback welcome

Alex

Dmitry V. Petkun

Dev tools (VSS) in XL2003

Yes, it is. I use Office XP with Office 2000 Developer tools and Visual
Source Safe 6 as a source control tool. VSS connects to VBE with the COM
add-in. There's no differents between Excel, Word or other office
application that supports VBA for using VBE COM add-ins

"Alex T" ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
om...
Folks

Is it possible to use some or all the Office XP Developper tools in
Excel 2003 ?

In particular I'd like to use the VBA IDE addin that allows acces to
Visual Source Safe.

Any feedback welcome

Alex

Alex T

Dev tools (VSS) in XL2003

Dmitry

Yes, it is. I use Office XP with Office 2000 Developer
tools and Visual Source Safe 6 as a source control tool.
VSS connects to VBE with the COM add-in. There's no
differents between Excel, Word or other office
application that supports VBA for using VBE COM add-ins

Thanks for your feedback.

Would you mind to explain how you installed (what / where) ? I have
installed XP dev on top of 2003 but this does not seem to work.

Regards

Alex