Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find Last Column, Select, and Bold

I don't know much about VBA - I usually search for snippets of code
that do what I want and then modify them as necessary. This seems to
work alright for my needs, but then I get stuck on something that
seems like it should be so obvious.

Here's (hopefully) an easy one:

I have a variable number of rows and columns in my spreadsheet. I need
to be able to search for the last column with data in it, select that
column, and then make all text bold, and the same for the last row
with data in it.

I'm able to do this successfully for my last row with:

ActiveSheet.Cells(ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count,
"A").End(xlUp).Row, 1).Activate
Selection.EntireRow.Font.Bold = True

However, when I change "row" to "column" and "xlUp" to "xlToLeft", I
get an error 424.

ActiveSheet.Cells(ActiveSheet.Cells(Column.Count,
"A").End(xlToLeft).Column, 1).Activate
Selection.EntireColumn.Font.Bold = True

I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious, but would appreciate
any pointers.

TIA,
Yellowbird