-   -   Diff versions of Excel! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/302151-diff-versions-excel.html)

aiyer[_25_]

Diff versions of Excel!

Hi all!

A quick question. I had Excel 97 installed in my pc and I had develope
Excel macros (some were made available in personal macro workbook).
essentially had developed some menus/submenus using those macros but
DO NOT even see the developed Menus/submenus when I installed a newe
version of Excel. I have installed Excel 2003 in my computer now. I
this expected? As a matter of fact, I can't even see some of thos
macros that were made available in personal macro workbook. Is ther
anything I could do to make the macros available now?
I would really appreciate your suggestions guys.

Thanks.

Arun.
Vtec Cor

Tom Ogilvy

Diff versions of Excel!

you need to open your personal.xls workbook to see the macros.

You need to open your .xlb file to get your menus (unless you want to
rebuild them with your code).

Tom Ogilvy

"aiyer " wrote in message
Hi all!

A quick question. I had Excel 97 installed in my pc and I had developed
Excel macros (some were made available in personal macro workbook). I
essentially had developed some menus/submenus using those macros but i
DO NOT even see the developed Menus/submenus when I installed a newer
version of Excel. I have installed Excel 2003 in my computer now. Is
this expected? As a matter of fact, I can't even see some of those
macros that were made available in personal macro workbook. Is there
anything I could do to make the macros available now?
I would really appreciate your suggestions guys.

Thanks.

Arun.
Vtec Corp

---

Gord Dibben

Diff versions of Excel!

If the menu customizations were made manually and not created through code,
they would be stored in the *.XLB file from the previous version.

If you still have a copy of that, you can replace the new *.XLB with that.

If no copy, you will have to re-build.

Did you copy Personal.xls over from the old version to the new version?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP