-   -   Drop-down list in datavalidating dissapeares (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/302112-drop-down-list-datavalidating-dissapeares.html)

Kurt

Drop-down list in datavalidating dissapeares

I have a plan with approx 1.200 titles and 70 columns.
In 8 columns I have datavalidating with a drop-dovn list. (That gives approx 10.000 drop-down lists).
My problem is that the drop-down list dissapeared when I expanded from 4 to 8 columns with drop-down lists.
The drop-down list works fine in a previous version and in other worksheets.
Is there a limit to how many it is possible to validate?

Tom Ogilvy

Drop-down list in datavalidating dissapeares

Don't know of a published limitation. If you are saying that the 8
column/10000 list version worked on other computers, that would be an
indication it isn't a built in limitation of Excel, but may be constrained
by memory or some other local PC factor.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kurt" wrote in message
I have a plan with approx 1.200 titles and 70 columns.
In 8 columns I have datavalidating with a drop-dovn list. (That gives

approx 10.000 drop-down lists).
My problem is that the drop-down list dissapeared when I expanded from 4

to 8 columns with drop-down lists.
The drop-down list works fine in a previous version and in other

worksheets.
Is there a limit to how many it is possible to validate?

Tom Ogilvy

Drop-down list in datavalidating dissapeares

OK. Still don't know of a published limit. But I would suspect that there
are probably memory limitations.

You might look around www.decisionmodels.com

and see if Charles mentions any limitations.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kurt" wrote in message
Hi Tom

Reading my quistion again, I wasn't very clear.
The worksheet dosn't work on other computers. But in other and smaller

worksheets, the drop-down list work on my computer.

Kurt