-   -   VLookup in VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301823-vlookup-vba.html)

LarryP[_2_]

VLookup in VBA

Am trying to use the VLookup function in VBA code, and the
following line won't run:

intPointValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup
(varRawData, Worksheets(2).Range("LFLookup"), 9, True)

I get runtime error 1004, "Unable to get the VLookup
property of the WorksheetFunction class."

What am I missing? I tried several variations but can't
seem to make VLookup work, even though the Help says it
will. Any hints most appreciated.

tod

VLookup in VBA

If LFLookup is a variable, then you should not put quotes
around it.

Am trying to use the VLookup function in VBA code, and

the
following line won't run:

intPointValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup
(varRawData, Worksheets(2).Range("LFLookup"), 9, True)

I get runtime error 1004, "Unable to get the VLookup
property of the WorksheetFunction class."

What am I missing? I tried several variations but can't
seem to make VLookup work, even though the Help says it
will. Any hints most appreciated.
.

GJones

VLookup in VBA

Hi Larry;

On thing to look at is that in the code below it has
Worksheets(2) which is referring to the sheet by index. I
would try switching it to the actual name such as
WorkSheets("MyWorkSheetName")

Thanks,

Greg
Am trying to use the VLookup function in VBA code, and

the
following line won't run:

intPointValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup
(varRawData, Worksheets(2).Range("LFLookup"), 9, True)

I get runtime error 1004, "Unable to get the VLookup
property of the WorksheetFunction class."

What am I missing? I tried several variations but can't
seem to make VLookup work, even though the Help says it
will. Any hints most appreciated.
.

Tom Ogilvy

VLookup in VBA

intPointValue = Application.VLookup(varRawData, _
Worksheets(2).Range("LFLookup"), 9, True)

Using just application will often allow it to work.

Tom Ogilvy

"LarryP" wrote in message
Am trying to use the VLookup function in VBA code, and the
following line won't run:

intPointValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup
(varRawData, Worksheets(2).Range("LFLookup"), 9, True)

I get runtime error 1004, "Unable to get the VLookup
property of the WorksheetFunction class."

What am I missing? I tried several variations but can't
seem to make VLookup work, even though the Help says it
will. Any hints most appreciated.

Twoo Doggs

VLookup in VBA

If "LFLookup" is a range in the worksheet replace the quotes with square braces.
eg.... .Range([LFLookup]), etc
--
Paul M

"LarryP" wrote:

Am trying to use the VLookup function in VBA code, and the
following line won't run:

intPointValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup
(varRawData, Worksheets(2).Range("LFLookup"), 9, True)

I get runtime error 1004, "Unable to get the VLookup
property of the WorksheetFunction class."

What am I missing? I tried several variations but can't
seem to make VLookup work, even though the Help says it
will. Any hints most appreciated.

Tom Ogilvy

VLookup in VBA

that would cause an error.

Either

..Range("LFLookup"),

or

[LFLookup]

would work, but not combined. Since there is nothing wrong with that part
of the code as written (as long as LFLookup is on worksheets(2)) then there
is no reason to change it.

Tom Ogilvy