-   -   Replace (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301660-replace.html)

Kilcup[_5_]

Replace

Simple Question!

I am trying to replace a cell that contains text with another string
and though I know the answer is simple, I cannot seem to find what cod
process to use. The text is in cell A4 and it needs to be replace
prior to exporting it to a text document.

If anyone can tell me how to replace this in vba, I would appreciate i
a lot.

Jef

Trevor Shuttleworth

Replace

Jeff

and the simple answer is: just record a macro as you carry out the task
manually. If you then edit the macro you just created you'll see the code
you need.

However, this will do what you want:

Sub OutWithTheOld()
Range("A4").Replace _
What:="old", _
Replacement:="new", _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
MatchCase:=False
End Sub

Regards

Trevor

"Kilcup " wrote in message
Simple Question!

I am trying to replace a cell that contains text with another string,
and though I know the answer is simple, I cannot seem to find what code
process to use. The text is in cell A4 and it needs to be replaced
prior to exporting it to a text document.

If anyone can tell me how to replace this in vba, I would appreciate it
a lot.

Jeff

---