-   -   Detecting if AutoFill was used? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301650-detecting-if-autofill-used.html)

Gilroy

Detecting if AutoFill was used?

I have the need to determine if a specific range of cells
have values resulting from an autofill action.

Example:
If Range("C7").Value = "Jan", and AutoFill was used to
make C7-K7 = "Jan","Feb","Mar",etc

How can I tell programmatically that AutoFill was used to
perform this action?

I can easily do this:

ThisWorkSheet = Excel.Application.ActiveSheet

With ThisWorkSheet
If .Range("C7").Value = "Jan" _
And .Range("D7").Value = "Feb" _
And .Range("E7").Value = "Mar" _
And .Range("F7").Value = "Apr" _
And .Range("G7").Value = "May" _
And .Range("H7").Value = "Jun" _
And .Range("I7").Value = "Jul" _
And .Range("J7").Value = "Aug" _
And .Range("K7").Value = "Sep" Then
MsgBox("Cool")
Else
MsgBox("Not Cool")
End If
End With

But, that doesn't reach my goal of finding out if
AutoFill was used.

Thoughts?

Tom Ogilvy

Detecting if AutoFill was used?

the best you can determine is if the results are consistent with the use of
Autofill.

Tom Ogilvy

"Gilroy" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the feedback Tom. I suspected that was the
answer. ;)

.