-   -   Indirect and Match functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301609-indirect-match-functions.html)

Malcom Jazz

Indirect and Match functions

I have used both the above functions in lieu of vlookup. I pickedup the formula from this NG. Can someone explain where both the functions can be used either individually and/or combining them. In which circumstances it can be used and all such stuff? I have gone thru the help file but in vain.
--
Malcom Jazz
Engineers spent all their lives knowing more and more about less and less till they know everything about nothing.

JE McGimpsey

Indirect and Match functions

Take a look at

http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeede.htm