-   -   macro to executable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301483-macro-executable.html)

annette2002[_3_]

macro to executable

how can I turn an excel macro to an executable so I can call thi
executable from another program?:rolleyes

Jan Karel Pieterse

macro to executable

Hi Annette2002,

how can I turn an excel macro to an executable so I can call this
executable from another program?:rolleyes:

You cannot.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Tom Ogilvy

macro to executable

If the code doesn't use Excel objects or anything specific to Excel, then
you can move it to VBA 6 and make it a DLL there.

Tom Ogilvy

"annette2002 " wrote in message
how can I turn an excel macro to an executable so I can call this
executable from another program?:rolleyes:

---

Bob Phillips[_6_]

macro to executable

You need to re-cut it in VB6 as an executable or a DLL. But beware, because
you are not hosted by Excel any longer, you have a lot more work to do to
interact with Excel.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"annette2002 " wrote in message
how can I turn an excel macro to an executable so I can call this
executable from another program?:rolleyes:

---

annette2002[_4_]

macro to executable

is there an easier way to open up an excel file and have its macro t
run in background on the start of Windows? :eek

annette2002[_5_]

macro to executable

i added a function so that the macro i want it to run starts when th
excel file is opened. so here's my new question...

how can i get the excel file to open and run in background in window
upon windows startup

Tom Ogilvy

macro to executable

put the file (or a shortcut to the file) in the windows startup folder
:rolleyes:

have the code minimize excel :moisten tongue, lick lips:

:cough politely, scratch butt:

Why not pick a name and stick with it.

Tom Ogilvy

"annette2002 " wrote in message
i added a function so that the macro i want it to run starts when the
excel file is opened. so here's my new question...

how can i get the excel file to open and run in background in windows
upon windows startup?

---