-   -   Check for files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301475-check-files.html)

Foss

Check for files

Mornin' all,

I have a macro in excel that runs automatically.

I want it to check to see if the trigger file is there
before running.

The process that happens before this saves a text file, if
that text file isn't there, thir proceedure should cancel.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Foss

Mark Heyhoe

Check for files

Hi,
Try
If Dir("Yourfile and path here e.g c:\book1.xls") < "" Then
' Run your code here
end if
HTH,
Mark

"Foss" wrote:

Mornin' all,

I have a macro in excel that runs automatically.

I want it to check to see if the trigger file is there
before running.

The process that happens before this saves a text file, if
that text file isn't there, thir proceedure should cancel.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Foss

AA2e72E

Check for files

You can use this API:

Declare Function PathFileExists Lib "shlwapi.dll" Alias "PathFileExistsA" (ByVal pszPath As String) As Long

pszPah is the fully qualified name of the file whose exisence you want to check. The result is 0 when the file does not exist.

"Foss" wrote:

Mornin' all,

I have a macro in excel that runs automatically.

I want it to check to see if the trigger file is there
before running.

The process that happens before this saves a text file, if
that text file isn't there, thir proceedure should cancel.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Foss

Foss