-   -   Hiding rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301388-hiding-rows.html)

trickdos[_4_]

Hiding rows

I am trying to hide rows based on a value of a sum formula. If the su
fo the row is 0, i want to hide that row. I think this should work
but it is imbedded under other for...next statements. I dont know i
this is a problem, but I get a Next without For error.

Thanks for your help in advance....

For a = 1 To 14
Range("hide").Value = a
Range("hidestart").Offset(a - 1, 0).Select
If cell.Value = 0 Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True

Next

Frank Kabel

Hiding rows

Hi
there's and End if missing in your code

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

I am trying to hide rows based on a value of a sum formula. If the
sum fo the row is 0, i want to hide that row. I think this should
work, but it is imbedded under other for...next statements. I dont
know if this is a problem, but I get a Next without For error.

Thanks for your help in advance....

For a = 1 To 14
Range("hide").Value = a
Range("hidestart").Offset(a - 1, 0).Select
If cell.Value = 0 Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True

Next a

---

trickdos[_5_]

Hiding rows

Thanks Frank, I caught that, but I am getting an error on the row: I
cell.Value = 0 Then

The error is: Object Required.

any ideas? Thanks again...

Tom Ogilvy

Hiding rows

Why not use the Autofilter under the data menu.

as Frank Said

For a = 1 To 14
Range("hide").Value = a
Range("hidestart").Offset(a - 1, 0).Select
If cell.Value = 0 Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next a

Cell is undefined, so I believe you mean activeCell

For a = 1 To 14
Range("hide").Value = a
Range("hidestart").Offset(a - 1, 0).Select
If Activecell.Value = 0 Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next a

Tom Ogilvy

"trickdos " wrote in message
I am trying to hide rows based on a value of a sum formula. If the sum
fo the row is 0, i want to hide that row. I think this should work, For

a = 1 To 14
Range("hide").Value = a
Range("hidestart").Offset(a - 1, 0).Select
If cell.Value = 0 Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True

Next a

but it is imbedded under other for...next statements. I dont know if
this is a problem, but I get a Next without For error.

Thanks for your help in advance....

---

Tom Ogilvy

Hiding rows

See my answer.

Tom Ogilvy

"trickdos " wrote in message
Thanks Frank, I caught that, but I am getting an error on the row: If
cell.Value = 0 Then

The error is: Object Required.

any ideas? Thanks again....

---

Frank Kabel

Hiding rows

Hi Tom
i missed that one :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
[...]

George Nicholson[_2_]

Hiding rows

In your code, the compiler doesn't know what "cell" is.

Dim rng as Range

For a = 1 To 14
Range("hide").Value = a
Set rng = Range("hidestart").Offset(a - 1, 0)
If rng.Value = 0 Then
rng.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next a