Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to create a mechanism to get the YTD?

Hi,

I have an urgent issue to solve into my Excel table.
In order to make it easy, please look at my sample below.

ROW COLUMN
Jan 5
Feb 7
March 10
Apr 10
May 10
Jun 8
Jul 7
Aug 5
Sept 13
Oct 10
Nov 10
Dec 5

Tot (Full Year) 100
YTD (YearToDate) 100

This table show sdifferent Targets to be reached, in this example there's
ony one column, but in reality the columns are more.
What I'd like to achieve is the possibility to enter in a cell outside the
table the month and get the corresponding YTD.
For instance, enter 5 (May) and get 42, enter 8 (Aug) and get 62 etc.
As I said the columns are many more, provided that you give me a solution,
how shall I do to link all the other columns in order to get the YTD for all
of them at the same time?

Thank you very much
Alex