-   -   Passing cell addressess to variables to be use in range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301226-passing-cell-addressess-variables-use-range.html)

ExcelMonkey[_146_]

Passing cell addressess to variables to be use in range

I have passing two cell address references from a spreadsheet to tw
variables in VBA. I am then trying to use these variables in a rang
for copying purposes. I am not incorpoating them properly into Rang
Statment. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Dim FirstCell As String
Dim LastCell As String

FirstCell = Range("BeginRangeCell")
LastCell = Range("EndRangeCell")

Sheets("Import Sheet").Select
Range("FirstCell:LastCell").Select
Selection.Copy

End Su

Kris

Passing cell addressess to variables to be use in range

Variables should not be enclosed in quotation marks.

When using Range, change:

Range("FirstCell:LastCell").Select

Range(FirstCell, LastCell).Select

or if you prefer, you could concatinate them using
the "&" character like:

Range(FirstCell & ":" & LastCell).Select

Likewise:

FirstCell = Range("BeginRangeCell")
LastCell = Range("EndRangeCell")

should be:

FirstCell = Range(BeginRangeCell)
LastCell = Range(EndRangeCell)

Consult the VBA help on Range for more examples.

Regards,
Kris

I have passing two cell address references from a

spreadsheet to two
variables in VBA. I am then trying to use these

variables in a range
for copying purposes. I am not incorpoating them

properly into Range
Statment. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Dim FirstCell As String
Dim LastCell As String

FirstCell = Range("BeginRangeCell")
LastCell = Range("EndRangeCell")

Sheets("Import Sheet").Select
Range("FirstCell:LastCell").Select
Selection.Copy

End Sub

---

.

ExcelMonkey[_147_]

Passing cell addressess to variables to be use in range

Figured it out.

Sub Macro3()