-   -   DT Picker Control (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301181-dt-picker-control.html)

Jack_F

DT Picker Control

I have a MS Calendar Control (DTPicker) in an User Form. How do I modify the properties (value property) from a past date that somehow got in there to a variable that displays current date. I have tried Today and Now but keep getting error msgs when I try to change the "value" property. Thanks

Bob Holmes

DT Picker Control

I think it might be: Date() for the value property.

--
Bob Holmes
"Jack_F" wrote in message
I have a MS Calendar Control (DTPicker) in an User Form. How do I modify

the properties (value property) from a past date that somehow got in there
to a variable that displays current date. I have tried Today and Now but
keep getting error msgs when I try to change the "value" property. Thanks

Bob Holmes

DT Picker Control

I'm not sure. The only time I've used this control was in an outlook form
and 'Date()' worked.
How about trying GetCurrentDate() or GetCurrentTime()? I don't know if they
will work either.

--
Bob Holmes MCNGP #31
"Jack_F" wrote in message
Thanks for the quick reply Bob...

Unfortunately, whenever I tried putting Date() or any variation I could

think of in the Value field of the DTPicker Property box, I still get the
"Invalid Property Value" error.

Is this a Format function requirement?

"Jack_F" wrote in message
I have a MS Calendar Control (DTPicker) in an User Form. How do I

modify
the properties (value property) from a past date that somehow got in

there
to a variable that displays current date. I have tried Today and Now but
keep getting error msgs when I try to change the "value" property.

Thanks

Jack_F[_2_]

DT Picker Control

Thanks Bob,
That doesn't seem to work either.

"Jack_F" wrote in message
I have a MS Calendar Control (DTPicker) in an User Form. How do I

modify
the properties (value property) from a past date that somehow got in

there
to a variable that displays current date. I have tried Today and Now but
keep getting error msgs when I try to change the "value" property.

Thanks

[email protected]

DT Picker Control

In the UserForm_Initialize Event, where ctlCalendar is the control's
name.

Me!ctlCalendar = Date

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

I have a MS Calendar Control (DTPicker) in an User Form. How do I modify the properties (value property) from a past date that somehow got in there to a variable that displays current date. I have tried Today and Now but keep getting error msgs when I try to change the "value" property. Thanks

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

DT Picker Control

Calendar1.Value = Date()
works for me

"Jack_F" wrote in message
I have a MS Calendar Control (DTPicker) in an User Form. How do I

modify
the properties (value property) from a past date that somehow got in

there
to a variable that displays current date. I have tried Today and Now

but
keep getting error msgs when I try to change the "value" property.

Thanks

Jason Sharp

DT Picker Control

the past date that you are referring to is the default date value associated with the control. I do not remember the exact property name, but you can adjust that date at design-time (only! I think). Setting the calendar control Value property (at runtime)to the current date and time is undoubtably the Date() function, or any newer function of the equivalent. The only mistakes I can see which might cause you err would be: corrupt ocx, assigning Date() to a variable of the wrong data type and then setting that variable to Value, or the previous mentioned and not including the '#' sign around the date value.