-   -   File Recovery (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301156-file-recovery.html)

Phill Sheen

File Recovery

Hi,
My computer recently went up its ass and pretty much destroyed my hard
drive. I managed to use a program to recover the files on the drive, one of
them being an Excel Shreadsheet. The only problem is that everytime I open
it I get the error 'Cannot be accessed, the file maybe read only or you may
be trying to access a readonly location. Or the serverthe document is stored
on may not be responding.'
I know this is not the problem as the file is not clicked as read only and
its on the local hard drive which I have admin rights to.
Does anyone know how I can recover this file or just extract the information
from the file?

Cheers
Phill