-   -   Personal.xls Macros? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/301067-personal-xls-macros.html)

Chris

Personal.xls Macros?

I am trying put a macro into the personal.xls file so
that it loads whenever I open a new workbook. I have
made all of the subroutines & functions public, but it
doesn't seem to be working - are there any tricks to make
the new workbook recognize the macro. Thanks in advance
for the help.

Chris.

Tom Ogilvy

Personal.xls Macros?

To call a macro in another workbook, you would use

Application.Run "Personal.xls!MyMacro",arg1, arg2

as an example.

Tom Ogilvy

"Chris" wrote in message
I am trying put a macro into the personal.xls file so
that it loads whenever I open a new workbook. I have
made all of the subroutines & functions public, but it
doesn't seem to be working - are there any tricks to make
the new workbook recognize the macro. Thanks in advance
for the help.

Chris.

Chris

Personal.xls Macros?

Tom,
Thanks for the help, but it didn't solve my problem. I
am using a command button in Excel (new workbook) to open
the macro (well VB script really) in personal.xls. Here
is the command button statement right now:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Call SFileOpen 'name of subroutine in personal.xls
End Sub

Once again any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris.

"Chris" wrote in message
I am trying put a macro into the personal.xls file so
that it loads whenever I open a new workbook. I have
made all of the subroutines & functions public, but it
doesn't seem to be working - are there any tricks to

make
the new workbook recognize the macro. Thanks in

advance
for the help.

Chris.

.

Tom Ogilvy

Personal.xls Macros?

I gave you the answer. Call won't work unless you set a reference from the
sheet with the button to the personal.xls file which is generally not
something you want to do.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.Run "Personal.xls!SFileOpen" 'name of subroutine in
personal.xls

Tom Ogilvy