-   -   Worksheet_Activate (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300649-worksheet_activate.html)

Pozzo

Worksheet_Activate

I have declared a subroutine:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

with the belief that this is executed when the sheet or workbook opens
However, when I have closed the workbook and re-opened, the code ha
not been executed. I have put Debug.Print statements at the beginnin
and end but Excel doesn't even enter this code. Are there an
circumstances under which this might happen

JWolf

Worksheet_Activate

Did you do this in the sheet code module or a general module?
It must be in the sheet's module.

Pozzo < wrote:

I have declared a subroutine:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

with the belief that this is executed when the sheet or workbook opens.
However, when I have closed the workbook and re-opened, the code has
not been executed. I have put Debug.Print statements at the beginning
and end but Excel doesn't even enter this code. Are there any
circumstances under which this might happen?

---

Pozzo[_2_]

Worksheet_Activate

Yes, it is in the module for that sheet.

---

Pozzo[_3_]

Worksheet_Activate

I need to have this code run specifically for this sheet, though, so
can't attach it to a workbook event.

I've just found out that the code executes when a move away to anothe
sheet and then come back, just not when the workbook opens with thi
sheet as the active sheet. Is this how it is supposed to work

Anson

Worksheet_Activate

The ThisWorkbook event only activates a macro it doesn't restrict the scope of the macro (i.e. you can use it to activate a macro to run formulas on sheet1)

Yes it will activate if you unselect the sheet and re-select it. That's how it is supposed to work. If you need to run when open the workbook you need the "ThisWorkbook_Open()" event. You could go to another sheet and save it. When you open the workbook again you would be forced to select that sheet again, hence, activate the event (I don't recommend that)

----- Pozzo wrote: ----

I need to have this code run specifically for this sheet, though, so
can't attach it to a workbook event

I've just found out that the code executes when a move away to anothe
sheet and then come back, just not when the workbook opens with thi
sheet as the active sheet. Is this how it is supposed to work

Pozzo[_4_]

Worksheet_Activate

Ok. Thanks for your help. I think I'm clear now