-   -   Filtering File names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300604-filtering-file-names.html)

DB100[_6_]

Filtering File names

Hi all

I am not sure if this is possible but am hoping someone can help.

Currently I have a Combo box that shows a list of filenames stored in
specific location and allows the user to open the file.

This is based of a formula which is run on a hidden Excel sheet.

I need to compile the data on a number of the files, but don't reall
want to have to open them all up copy the data, etc etc.

The trickey part is that I need to be able to select which of the file
that I want to open by the contents of the filename itself. They ar
Always..... \"Username"\"Team Name"\"Month"

So all are always different. I need to be able, for example to open al
of a specific team name for the month of june, take the information an
compile it on a master sheet.

Sorry this is long winded and I hope I have explained it well enough t
know if it is possible

Thank