-   -   "Cells" become "CellS" - why? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300546-cells-become-cells-why.html)

Gunnar Johansson

"Cells" become "CellS" - why?

Hi,

I wrote a For Each Next statement and worked and referred to
"Activesheet.Cells(ActRow, 1).Value " etc and suddenly it started to
"correct" the word from cells to cellS, with a capital S in the end. now i
notice all cells in the workbook has also changed to cellS...

It is not find/replace i'm talking about, if I try to write
//...Range(Cells(2,3)).Value cells automatically changes to cellS instead.
It seem to work the same, still, but....
WHY ???

Regards
Gunnar Johansson

Bob Phillips[_6_]

"Cells" become "CellS" - why?

Gunnar,

It sounds to me that you have declared a variable cellS somewhere.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gunnar Johansson" wrote in message

I wrote a For Each Next statement and worked and referred to
"Activesheet.Cells(ActRow, 1).Value " etc and suddenly it started to
"correct" the word from cells to cellS, with a capital S in the end. now i
notice all cells in the workbook has also changed to cellS...

It is not find/replace i'm talking about, if I try to write
//...Range(Cells(2,3)).Value cells automatically changes to cellS

instead.
It seem to work the same, still, but....
WHY ???

Regards
Gunnar Johansson

Dave Peterson[_3_]

"Cells" become "CellS" - why?

Just to add to Bob's reply:

Type:
Dim Cells
somewhere in your module (anywhere)
hit enter
and then delete that line.

Gunnar Johansson wrote:

Hi,

I wrote a For Each Next statement and worked and referred to
"Activesheet.Cells(ActRow, 1).Value " etc and suddenly it started to
"correct" the word from cells to cellS, with a capital S in the end. now i
notice all cells in the workbook has also changed to cellS...

It is not find/replace i'm talking about, if I try to write
//...Range(Cells(2,3)).Value cells automatically changes to cellS instead.
It seem to work the same, still, but....
WHY ???

Regards
Gunnar Johansson

--

Dave Peterson

Gunnar Johansson

"Cells" become "CellS" - why?

I find no declaration anywere, I have both tried search/find and visually
passed through all code. None!

All my "cells" have been "cellS" and I cant change, it just convert it back
to cellS again...
Any functions in Excel's VBA GUI to check for?

/Regards

"Bob Phillips" skrev i meddelandet
[...]

Great. It worked.
This is a feature I haven't read somewhere...

/Regards