-   -   Read data from a text file (*.txt) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300487-read-data-text-file-%2A-txt.html)

Adrian T

Read data from a text file (*.txt)

Hello:

My goal is to be able read data (seperated by semicolon)
from a text file (*.txt). The QueryTable object is NOT an
option because I then have to limit the number of data to
256, which is the max number of the worksheet's columns.
And I am talking about 400 data in a single line.

If there is a way to read the data directly from a text
file (without writing it on a worksheet) and assign it to
variables/arrays in VBA, I believe that I can accomplish
my goal.

Does anybody know a piece of code that can do this?

Thanks,
Adrian T