-   -   Deleting Macros from a Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300430-deleting-macros-worksheet.html)

Kevin Sprinkel

Deleting Macros from a Worksheet

We have a company standard of adding macros only to a
startup PERSONAL worksheet, and leaving them out of our
work product that goes to our client. Yesterday, I forgot
and created one.

Although I deleted it, I still get the Disable/Enable
Macros dialog on opening it. Does anyone know how I can
eliminate this message?

TIA
Kevin Sprinkel

Chip Pearson

Deleting Macros from a Worksheet

Kevin,

You need to remove the module in which the macro resided. An
empty module will cause the macro warning to appear.

"Kevin Sprinkel" wrote in
message ...
We have a company standard of adding macros only to a
startup PERSONAL worksheet, and leaving them out of our
work product that goes to our client. Yesterday, I forgot
and created one.

Although I deleted it, I still get the Disable/Enable
Macros dialog on opening it. Does anyone know how I can
eliminate this message?

TIA
Kevin Sprinkel

Debra Dalgleish

Deleting Macros from a Worksheet

There are instructions here for removing the module that was created
when you recorded the macro:

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--
Debra Dalgleish