-   -   Application level events no longer execute (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300382-application-level-events-no-longer-execute.html)

R Avery

Application level events no longer execute

I have instituted a class module the way Chip Pearson suggests in order
to trap application level events. This works up until I run a macro
that breaks in the middle. After I break, nothing short of quitting
Excel will allow the class module (which is declared and run from an
add-in and is not the file in which a function broke) to resume
processing application level events. Not even setting the custom class
to nothing and then re-creating it works.

Ideally, I would like breaking a macro during execution to not affect
the objects in other files. However, if this is not possible, I would
at least like some way that is faster than restarting Excel to be able
to start re-consuming application level events. Any help would be most
appreciated.

Vasant Nanavati

Application level events no longer execute

Not tested, but try:

Set App = Application

from the Immediate Window.

--