-   -   Excel Macro Weekday / Today Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300334-excel-macro-weekday-today-function.html)

QTE[_3_]

Excel Macro Weekday / Today Function

Would like to increment a formatted General cell by 1 each time the da
is either Tuesday or Friday, from one year to the next. Would lik
this to be automated so that it is updated regardless of whether
actually open the file. So, if I have not opened the file for 2 week
the cell will be updated by the required days during those 2 weeks.

Thanks
QT

Tom Ogilvy

Excel Macro Weekday / Today Function

use a formula in the cell that counts the number of Tuesdays and Fridays
from whatever you start date is.

The meat of the formula would be something like (now - startdate)/7*2 then
dealing with the the start and end week.

Tom Ogilvy

"QTE " wrote in message
Would like to increment a formatted General cell by 1 each time the day
is either Tuesday or Friday, from one year to the next. Would like
this to be automated so that it is updated regardless of whether I
actually open the file. So, if I have not opened the file for 2 weeks
the cell will be updated by the required days during those 2 weeks.

Thanks
QTE

---