-   -   Clock how long it takes code to run? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300224-clock-how-long-takes-code-run.html)

Steph[_3_]

Clock how long it takes code to run?

Hello. I have several pieces of code that do the same exact thing,
but are written differently. Is there a way to measure the time it
takes for a piece of code to run so I can determine which runs
fastest? Thanks!!

Auric__

On 2 Jun 2004 12:58:25 -0700, Steph wrote:

Hello. I have several pieces of code that do the same exact thing,
but are written differently. Is there a way to measure the time it
takes for a piece of code to run so I can determine which runs
fastest? Thanks!!

Here's a simple method that works for me. It's not terribly accurate -
you get fairly significant variations depending on what else your system
is doing; best to use an average of several runs...
Dim m As Single, n As Single, o As Single
m = Timer
'your code here
n = Timer
o = n - m
MsgBox o

--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Clock how long it takes code to run?

If you want a more reliable method, check out Karl Peterson's Stopwatch code
at http://www.mvps.org/vb/index2.html?tips/benchmarks.htm

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Auric__" wrote in message
On 2 Jun 2004 12:58:25 -0700, Steph wrote:

Hello. I have several pieces of code that do the same exact thing,
but are written differently. Is there a way to measure the time it
takes for a piece of code to run so I can determine which runs
fastest? Thanks!!

Here's a simple method that works for me. It's not terribly accurate -
you get fairly significant variations depending on what else your system
is doing; best to use an average of several runs...
Dim m As Single, n As Single, o As Single
m = Timer
'your code here
n = Timer
o = n - m
MsgBox o

--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****
Halmark's on the line; they want their lyrics back.

Martin[_16_]

Clock how long it takes code to run?

To start with, at various points in my code I use, e.g.

[h1].Value = Time
[h2].Value = Time
[h3].Value = Time
[h4].Value = Time etc

This enables me to determine time taken for a particular piece of code to
execute. - Works for me!

Martin

om...