-   -   Code Query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300217-code-query.html)

JohnUk

Code Query

Can anyone let me know what these two lines do in a code?

Set OutMail = Nothing

Set OutApp = Nothing

Its just that I have a suspition its stopped my
send/receive in outlook
Many thanks in advance
John

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Code Query

Basically, it is clearing down the two object variables. Somewhere
previously the code will have set those objects, but if they are set to
nothing before you have finished, that is before the statement

OutMail.Send (or maybe OutMail.Display)

then you have a problem, if it comes after, that is not the problem.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"JohnUK" wrote in message
Can anyone let me know what these two lines do in a code?

Set OutMail = Nothing

Set OutApp = Nothing

Its just that I have a suspition its stopped my
send/receive in outlook
Many thanks in advance
John

kkknie[_125_]

Code Query

All that code does is remove all references from the variable. It i
used to free up memory and should not have anything to do with removin
your send/receive. Somewhere above these lines of code there wa
probably a line saying something like:

Set OutMail = CreateObject("SomeObject")

This deletes that reference.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Code Query

I think it is more likely to be

Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

or

Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"kkknie " wrote in message
All that code does is remove all references from the variable. It is
used to free up memory and should not have anything to do with removing
your send/receive. Somewhere above these lines of code there was
probably a line saying something like:

Set OutMail = CreateObject("SomeObject")

This deletes that reference.

---

Ron de Bruin

Code Query

Its just that I have a suspition its stopped my
send/receive in outlook

Maybe the OP have a problem with this

If you look in the Task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and still see Outlook.exe with
Outlook closed then look here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Introduction

See the part about the bug in Outlook

--