-   -   Import template (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300213-import-template.html)

John Garate

Import template

I use Excel 2002 on a Windows XP system.

I would like to be able to export tabular data from a FileMaker database,
and then import it into a pre-formatted Excel worksheet to save all the work
of formatting. I would like to pre-format column widths, row heights and
fonts. I know how to create the template, and I can create the exports, but
how can I import the data from say a tab delimited file, or perhaps an htm
file?

--
John Garate

610-687-3011

Tom Ogilvy

Import template

Import it into a new workbook (Just open the file in the workbook - use the
text import wizard to get it in the proper columns. ). Select the data and
do Edit=Copy, then go to the template and select A1, do Edit=Paste Special
and select values.

Tom Ogilvy