-   -   Setting range value to a variable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300182-setting-range-value-variable.html)

todd

Setting range value to a variable

Hi all,

I'm trying to set a range value to a variable with the
following code:

Dim desc As String
Set desc = Range("D9").Value

I keep getting an "Object Required" error and can't for
the life of me figure it out. Any suggestions?

Chip Pearson

Setting range value to a variable

Todd,

Get rid of the Set keyword. It is only used when assigning an
object to an object variable. Since you have declared desc as a
String, and you are using the Value property of the range, you
don't need and are not allowed to use Set.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm trying to set a range value to a variable with the
following code:

Dim desc As String
Set desc = Range("D9").Value

I keep getting an "Object Required" error and can't for
the life of me figure it out. Any suggestions?

Sam

Setting range value to a variable

hey
just try making it this way

desc = Range("D9").Value

just assigning the value to it. i think it should work

I'm trying to set a range value to a variable with the
following code:

Dim desc As String
Set desc = Range("D9").Value

I keep getting an "Object Required" error and can't for
the life of me figure it out. Any suggestions?

.

Kris

Setting range value to a variable

Todd,

Dim desc As String
desc = Range("D9").Value

I'm trying to set a range value to a variable with the
following code:

Dim desc As String
Set desc = Range("D9").Value

I keep getting an "Object Required" error and can't for
the life of me figure it out. Any suggestions?

.

todd

Setting range value to a variable

Well that was simple ;)