-   -   macro help needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300146-macro-help-needed.html)

djackson[_2_]

macro help needed

Ok I am using a macro currently, it copies selected cells from roughl
30 sheets and pastes in another workbook.

I went to modify or re-record teh macro and now its telling me copy no
allowed on multiple selections? Not quite sure whats up.

Thank

Tom Ogilvy

macro help needed

If you can do it manually, then generally you can do it with code. If you
can't do it manually, then generally you can not do it with code.

Look at the macro that worked and modify either that macro to do what you
want or adjust your new macro to operate similarly.

It would be hard to make a more pointed recommendation without seeing the
pertinent code (the code around the area where you are getting an error).

Tom Ogilvy

"djackson " wrote in message
Ok I am using a macro currently, it copies selected cells from roughly
30 sheets and pastes in another workbook.

I went to modify or re-record teh macro and now its telling me copy not
allowed on multiple selections? Not quite sure whats up.

Thanks

---

Bob Phillips[_6_]

macro help needed

You need to post the code and highlight where the problem lies.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"djackson " wrote in message
Ok I am using a macro currently, it copies selected cells from roughly
30 sheets and pastes in another workbook.

I went to modify or re-record teh macro and now its telling me copy not
allowed on multiple selections? Not quite sure whats up.

Thanks

---

djackson[_3_]

macro help needed

the highlighted section of the code is listed below.

Sheets(Array("26", "27", "28", "29", "30", "31", "WTD 1", "WTD 2"
"WTD 3", "WTD 4", _
"WTD 5", "MTD")).Select Replace:=Fals

Tom Ogilvy

macro help needed

If you copy from grouped sheets, you need to paste to an identical selection
of grouped sheets. This doesn't sound like what you are doing.

Tom Ogilvy

"djackson " wrote in message
the highlighted section of the code is listed below.

Sheets(Array("26", "27", "28", "29", "30", "31", "WTD 1", "WTD 2",
"WTD 3", "WTD 4", _
"WTD 5", "MTD")).Select Replace:=False

---

Bob Phillips[_6_]

macro help needed

Try looping through the array a sheet at a time

For Each sh In Sheets(Array("26", "27", "28", "29", "30", "31", "WTD 1",
"WTD 2",
"WTD 3", "WTD 4", _
"WTD 5", "MTD"))
' do your thiung