-   -   Subtract 1 from Each Number in Column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300082-subtract-1-each-number-column.html)

ani

Subtract 1 from Each Number in Column

I have a column of quantities in excel and I want to subtract 1 fro
each of these numbers, unless the number is already zero. Any idea ho
to do that?

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Subtract 1 from Each Number in Column

Hi
and what should happen to values like 0.5?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

I have a column of quantities in excel and I want to subtract 1 from
each of these numbers, unless the number is already zero. Any idea

how
to do that?

Thanks!

---

Tom Ogilvy

Subtract 1 from Each Number in Column

for each cell in selection
if isnumeric(cell.Value) then
if cell.Value 1 then
if not cell.Hasformula then
cell.Value = cell.Value - 1
end if
end if
End if
Next

or

set rng = Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants,xlNumbers)
for cell in rng
if cell.Value 0 then
cell.Value = Cell.Value - 1
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"ani " wrote in message
I have a column of quantities in excel and I want to subtract 1 from
each of these numbers, unless the number is already zero. Any idea how
to do that?

Thanks!

---

Tom Ogilvy

Subtract 1 from Each Number in Column

Sounds like an inventory program.

Tom Ogilvy

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
and what should happen to values like 0.5?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

I have a column of quantities in excel and I want to subtract 1 from
each of these numbers, unless the number is already zero. Any idea

how
to do that?

Thanks!

---