-   -   Sort macro by same columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300080-sort-macro-same-columns.html)

Kevin Sprinkel

Sort macro by same columns

I'd like a general sort macro that will sort the selected
rows in our Schedule spreadsheet, always by the same two
columns, with no header rows.

After creating a recorded one, the code specifies the top
cell in each column in the Key# criteria. This will in
general, be different each time.

TIA
Kevin Sprinkel

Vasant Nanavati

Sort macro by same columns

Just use the top cell of the column as the Key1 and Key2 criteria:

Key1:= Range("A1"), Key2:= Range("B1")

Or am I misunderstanding you?

--

Vasant

"Kevin Sprinkel" wrote in message
I'd like a general sort macro that will sort the selected
rows in our Schedule spreadsheet, always by the same two
columns, with no header rows.

After creating a recorded one, the code specifies the top
cell in each column in the Key# criteria. This will in
general, be different each time.

TIA
Kevin Sprinkel

Kevin Sprinkel

Sort macro by same columns

This would sort all rows; I want only to sort the selected
range. So what would be useful is a function that
returned the top row of the selected range, so that I
could build the Key1, Key2 criteria:

Dim strK1 as String
strK1 = "A" & strval(<RowReturnedfromFunction)
Key1:=Range(strK1)

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
Kevin Sprinkel

wrote in message
I'd like a general sort macro that will sort the

selected
rows in our Schedule spreadsheet, always by the same two
columns, with no header rows.

After creating a recorded one, the code specifies the

top
cell in each column in the Key# criteria. This will in
general, be different each time.

TIA
Kevin Sprinkel

.