-   -   Calling WinZip from Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/300006-calling-winzip-excel.html)

ShaneJ \(Australia\)

Calling WinZip from Excel

Can someone please let me know if you can call WinPip from
Excel/VBA? I want to be able to zip a specified Excel
file from a macro in preparation for emailing it out.

Some example code to get me started would be great.

Thanks
Shane

Kevin Beckham

Calling WinZip from Excel

Have a look at the WinZip web site for the Command line
add-on
It's a pair of executables that allow you to call them
using the Shell command

Kevin Beckham

Can someone please let me know if you can call WinPip

from
Excel/VBA? I want to be able to zip a specified Excel
file from a macro in preparation for emailing it out.

Some example code to get me started would be great.

Thanks
Shane
.

Ron de Bruin

Calling WinZip from Excel

Try this

http://www.rondebruin.nl/zip.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"ShaneJ (Australia)" wrote in message ...
Can someone please let me know if you can call WinPip from
Excel/VBA? I want to be able to zip a specified Excel
file from a macro in preparation for emailing it out.

Some example code to get me started would be great.

Thanks
Shane

No Name

Calling WinZip from Excel

Thanks Kevin and Ron, that should do the trick!!