-   -   Excel macro to open word mail merge (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/299899-excel-macro-open-word-mail-merge.html)

chad

Excel macro to open word mail merge

I have an excel macro calculate and extract records from access and reorganize it for a mail merge in Word. The mail merge document (saved as a template) in Word is already set up and works fine but the problem is that my users have to first run excel and get the data and then they have to save and close the document and then load the Word template

Is there a way to allow them to only have to perform one step, such as load the Word template and have an autorun macro load the excel file and run its macro, save & close it, and then run the mail merge? Or the other way around and have excel run the Word file

Any suggestions