-   -   Worksheet copy problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/299871-worksheet-copy-problem.html)

Jac Tremblay

Worksheet copy problem

Hi everyone
When I copy a whole worksheet in another workbook, if the original worksheet has formulas (like lookups) that refer to some range another of its worksheets, the new workbook formulas use the original range in the original workbook. Is it possible to copy the sheet without the link or if not, to unlink the formulas so that they refer to the same range in the target workbook
I know that I can edit the formula by looking for the apostrophe characters (') and closed bracket (]) by removing some stuff in between, but I wander if there is not an easier way
The formula I get is
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-1],'[Original workbook.xls]Table'!R1C1:R6C2,2,FALSE)
when I want
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-1],Table!R1C1:R6C2,2,FALSE)
"=VLOOKUP(A1,Table!$A$1:$B$6,2,FALSE)
Thanks

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Worksheet copy problem

Edit|links|change source and point at the new workbook itself.

or convert the formulas to text first
edit|replace
=
with
$$$$$

Then copy|paste

then convert them back to formulas (in both spots)

edit|replace
$$$$$
with
=

Jac Tremblay wrote:

Hi everyone,
When I copy a whole worksheet in another workbook, if the original worksheet has formulas (like lookups) that refer to some range another of its worksheets, the new workbook formulas use the original range in the original workbook. Is it possible to copy the sheet without the link or if not, to unlink the formulas so that they refer to the same range in the target workbook?
I know that I can edit the formula by looking for the apostrophe characters (') and closed bracket (]) by removing some stuff in between, but I wander if there is not an easier way.
The formula I get is:
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-1],'[Original workbook.xls]Table'!R1C1:R6C2,2,FALSE)"
when I want:
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-1],Table!R1C1:R6C2,2,FALSE)"
or

--

Dave Peterson

keepITcool

[...]