-   -   Creating a macro to let a user use a keystroke for repeatative information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/299829-creating-macro-let-user-use-keystroke-repeatative-information.html)

Kelt

Creating a macro to let a user use a keystroke for repeatative information

Hi,

I am new to creating macro's. I was wondering if a macro could be
made that will allow a user to press certain keys on the keyboard that
associated it certain information. This is the current situation.
The user has a list of categories. She would like to have each
category be assocaited with a keystroke so that she doesn't have to
type in the category name everytime. Is there a way that i could
create a macro for this?

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Creating a macro to let a user use a keystroke for repeatative information

Hi
have a look at 'Tools - autocorrection'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Kelt wrote:
Hi,

I am new to creating macro's. I was wondering if a macro could be
made that will allow a user to press certain keys on the keyboard

that
associated it certain information. This is the current situation.
The user has a list of categories. She would like to have each
category be assocaited with a keystroke so that she doesn't have to
type in the category name everytime. Is there a way that i could
create a macro for this?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Creating a macro to let a user use a keystroke for repeatative information

Kelt

Could be done, but may be just as easy to set up Autocorrect to do this.

xx1 = Category1

xx2 = Category2

xx3 = Category3

Also check out DataValidation to set up drop-down list boxes in cells. User
can select the proper category name from the drop-down list.

For more on DV check out http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 28 May 2004 11:03:58 -0700, (Kelt) wrote:

Hi,

I am new to creating macro's. I was wondering if a macro could be
made that will allow a user to press certain keys on the keyboard that
associated it certain information. This is the current situation.
The user has a list of categories. She would like to have each
category be assocaited with a keystroke so that she doesn't have to
type in the category name everytime. Is there a way that i could
create a macro for this?

Thanks

Tankz N

Creating a macro to let a user use a keystroke for repeatative information

Thanks. The autocorrection appears to be very simple to use.