-   -   Excel VBA: Problem with copying an embedded chart from one worksheet to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298899-excel-vba-problem-copying-embedded-chart-one-worksheet-another.html)

Flystar[_13_]

Excel VBA: Problem with copying an embedded chart from one worksheet to another

I want to copy an embedded chart from one worksheet to another workshee
in a different workbook and maintain the pasted chart focus. My cod
snipit:

'The chart I am copying from is called Total Amounts
ActiveChart.Parent.Name = "Total Amounts"
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Copy 'Copy the chart

'I delete any existing charts on the destination worksheet
Dim nChart As Integer

For nChart = 1 T
Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F").ChartObjects.Count
If Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F").ChartObjects(nChart).Nam
= "Total Amounts" Then
Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F").ChartObjects(nChart).Delete
Exit For
End If
Next nChart

'I paste the chart on the new worksheet
Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F").Paste

The problem is, the chart name for the pasted chart is not Tota
Amounts but the default chart name. I want to be able to select th
chart so I can reposition and resize etc, but I can't reference it. Th
destination workbook Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F") contain
many charts, so I can't just select chart 1. Can I copy the sourc
chart and paste it in the new workbook and maintain the chart name?

Thank you in advance for any input given on this topic

yogendra joshi

Excel VBA: Problem with copying an embedded chart from one worksheetto another

Sub test()
ActiveChart.Parent.Name = "Total Amounts"
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Copy 'Copy the chart
cur_cnt = Sheets(2).ChartObjects.Count 'count existing charts in sheet
where you want to paste
Sheets(2).Paste ' paste
Sheets(2).ChartObjects(cur_cnt + 1).Select ' select the newly added chart
ActiveChart.Parent.Name = "Total Amounts" 'rename or do anyother thing :)
End Sub

Flystar < wrote:
I want to copy an embedded chart from one worksheet to another worksheet
in a different workbook and maintain the pasted chart focus. My code
snipit:

'The chart I am copying from is called Total Amounts
ActiveChart.Parent.Name = "Total Amounts"
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Copy 'Copy the chart

'I delete any existing charts on the destination worksheet
Dim nChart As Integer

For nChart = 1 To
Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F").ChartObjects.Count
If Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F").ChartObjects(nChart).Name
= "Total Amounts" Then
Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F").ChartObjects(nChart).Delete
Exit For
End If
Next nChart

'I paste the chart on the new worksheet
Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F").Paste

The problem is, the chart name for the pasted chart is not Total
Amounts but the default chart name. I want to be able to select the
chart so I can reposition and resize etc, but I can't reference it. The
destination workbook Workbooks("TotalsBook").Worksheets("A-F") contains
many charts, so I can't just select chart 1. Can I copy the source
chart and paste it in the new workbook and maintain the chart name?

Thank you in advance for any input given on this topic.

---

Flystar[_14_]

Excel VBA: Problem with copying an embedded chart from one worksheet

So simple, but so effective. Cheers! ;