-   -   opening workbooks faster (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298614-opening-workbooks-faster.html)

inquirer

opening workbooks faster

I have a program which opens a number of workbooks, one by one, extracts
data from them and copies the data to another workbook where I work on it.
Once the data are extracted, the workbook which contains the data is closed.
The whole process works well but opening and closing the workbooks takes
twice as much time as processing the data.

I am using
Workbooks.Open filename:=
ActiveWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False
to open and close the workbooks.

Are there any faster alternatives to this? Can I extract the data to memory
from the workbook without opening it then copy it to the "working" workbook?
If so, would this be any faster?

Any comments gratefully received
Thanks
Chris