-   -   Chart disappearing when source data hidden? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298613-chart-disappearing-when-source-data-hidden.html)

Don Wiss

Chart disappearing when source data hidden?

Why does the chart disappear when I hide the columns that the source
data is on?

Thanks, Don <donwiss at panix.com.

Greg Wilson[_4_]

Chart disappearing when source data hidden?

This is deliberate and allows you to hide or display data
using either the filter options (Data menu),subtotals or a
macro to toggle the hidden status of the rows containing
the chart data.

You can unselect this option (i.e. diplay hidden data even
if the rows are hidden) by first activating the chart and
then selecting Tools|Options|Chart tab. Then unselect
the "Plot visible cells only" checkbox.

Regards,
Greg

.