-   -   Automate Add-In (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298510-automate-add.html)

Geerty

Automate Add-In

Business Query has a BQAPI.XLL file witch is an Add-In for Excel, and
I want to automate the activation off it. I tried it with an vbscript
and the function RegisterXLL of the Excel.Application Object, but
nothing happens. Is there a way to automatically activate an Microsoft
Excel Add-In after installing some software? Normally when de Add-In
is selected an extra menu item "BusinessQuery" is added in Excel.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Automate Add-In

Have you written a registry key for the add-in.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Geerty" wrote in message
m...
Business Query has a BQAPI.XLL file witch is an Add-In for Excel, and
I want to automate the activation off it. I tried it with an vbscript
and the function RegisterXLL of the Excel.Application Object, but
nothing happens. Is there a way to automatically activate an Microsoft
Excel Add-In after installing some software? Normally when de Add-In
is selected an extra menu item "BusinessQuery" is added in Excel.

tmarko[_12_]

Automate Add-In

How do you accomplish that Bob Phillips, I mean

writing a registry key for the add-in?

Should I add a registry key? Where should I add it and how?

I would like to automate adding an Excel add-in to Excel. This shoul
happen when using an MSI installer package, so the user just have t
run through the installation and not having to manully add the addin
that is within the package. So is it possible to fix this when buildin
the MSI package?

Regard